Thread: Daughter's Reading Score is Oddly Low - 69, applying for 4th grade

Hybrid View

My wife is thinking there were some sample test questions that should not have been counted, and the test proctor said "here are these sample questions, but as long as you understand them, don't bother filling them in" (which my daughter says she did not), but these questions were actually counted and scored in the results.

Also, maybe there were not really that many kids testing for 4th grade, and the ones that did are all smart and thought they should have a chance, so a 69th percentile is not really a percentile against the whole population, just against other very smart kids, many of whom may have scored 100%, so if you miss a question or two, that immediately drops you down *a lot*, percentile-wise.

If I had to guess, I'm thinking our situation (my daughter's result) is one of the above or maybe a combination.
    Last edited by Eric Fall Dad; 03-27-2014 at 10:27 AM.

Reading score review

So I requested cps to review 69 percentile. They told they do not have a test and needed to request it. It might take a week. It was on Tuesday. Yesterday( Friday) at 8-25 pm a cps psychologist called me and said that the results of the test were correct and my daughter incorrectly answered many questions about meaning words. My daughter said that the test did not even have those kind of questions. The questions were about the text. I was so surprised by this call at 8-25 pm on Friday that did not even say anything back. I wonder if I could request evaluation of this test by somebody else, who does not work for cps.