Thread: Has anyone heard any news about 2nd round letters?

Has anyone heard any news about 2nd round letters?

I thought it was supposed to be last week.

My daughter was originally accepted to a magnet school, but after some more looking realized our neighborhood school is better and more convenient with the bus stopping just 100 ft from our door, but still hoping for an offer from a classical school.

We are waiting for Round 3; round 2 replies were due on 5/18. Tier 4, 134. Currently Pritzker, offered Carnegie and declined. Hoping for Edison but don't think the score will get there.

What grade? Do you know if any slots are open?

Our older daughter (already in a Classical school) was offered Carnegie with score 130, we also declined.

From some digging around, it seems there may be no more slots at our first choice school for Kindergarten, but from a call to the OAS office, the person did imply that our daughter might be near the top if any slots do open up. Or more likely it's just wishful thinking on my part :-) reading 99.6 math 91 In any case, our local school is very good.

Eric

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Fall K Dad View Post
    I thought it was supposed to be last week.

My daughter was originally accepted to a magnet school, but after some more looking realized our neighborhood school is better and more convenient with the bus stopping just 100 ft from our door, but still hoping for an offer from a classical school.
    Interesting that you applied and were accepted to the magnet school and then declined in favor of the neighborhood school. Good that you were able to survey your options and that the neighborhood school turned out to be a good one.