Thread: Want to Post a Question? New to the Site? Get Started HERE

Want to Post a Question? New to the Site? Get Started HERE

Have a question or want to start a new discussion thread?

First – To post a new thread or respond to a current thread you need to register on CPSForums.com.

You will have unique user ID and
    password that you’ll use to login each time you want to post.

You can also sign in by linking to your Facebook account if you have not already.

Next - find the appropriate forum. Go to the forum home page, and look for the most relevant section in which to post your question or new discussion topic. If you don't see the best place for your question or topic, go ahead and post in General Chat. (Also feel free to suggest new sections in Suggestions & Feedback!).

Now - Now, go to that section and click the "Post New Thread" button ---->> post_new_thread.gif

Finally - Enter your question or new discussion topic!

About CPS Obsessed Forums

The goal of CPSObsessedForums.com is to provide a place for the Chicago community to easily share information about schools.

Whether
    you have a school-related question, news to share, opinions to express, or a cause to organize please post it here.

The more we
    share, the more we’ll all learn about CPS and education in Chicago.

CPSObsessed.com will still function as a main “meeting place” on key
    CPS topics as they arise, but the forums will allow us all to pose more specific questions about specific schools and the admissions process in a more organized way than the blog does.

This looks great! I was wondering whether when we start a new thread, we can cross post it to different forums? For example, if someone asks about applying to the Lincoln Park HS IB program, they could post it to each Applying to High Schools, IB programs, and Neighborhood High Schools. This might be too complicated, but I thought I'd ask. Looking forward to seeing lively discussions.

Quote Originally Posted by HSObsessed View Post
    This looks great! I was wondering whether when we start a new thread, we can cross post it to different forums?
    Hi and welcome to the forums.

To answer your questions: Not really.. not like you can do with the old Internet newsgroups anyway. You'd have to make a separate post in the other forums linking to the main post. Does that make sense? For instance, you'd start a new thread in "Applying to High Schools" and make separate posts to the other forums with a link to the main thread.

Eric
    Last edited by Eric Fall K Dad; 09-23-2012 at 06:37 AM.