Thread: English Language Learner - Regional Gifted Center at Orozco

English Language Learner - Regional Gifted Center at Orozco

My son received two offers: one from Mark Sheridan Math and Science Academy, a magnet school with top scores and another offer to the RGC for ELL at Orozco Academy. Have you heard/read anything about the RGC at Orozco? Any insight will be greatly appreciated.

Here are some resources for RGC at Orozco --

http://www.cpsoae.org/apps/pages/ind...pREC_ID=151355

http://www.cps.edu/Schools/Find_a_sc...ZipCode=Orozco

http://jcorozco.com/

http://www.greatschools.org/illinois...rts--Sciences/

How familiar are you with Mark Sheridan Math and Science Academy ?

Eric

I have read and heard only good things about Sheridan and we are visiting the school on Thursday. Their scores are great and I contacted some parents from their Facebook page, they have been helpful. I wish I could get some info from parents at Orozco, but attending the RGC. It seems like the information on the school reports the numbers of gifted and non-gifted (the school has both). So, there is no way for me to get a good feel for the RGC within Orozco. Also, there is a neighborhood school (Cooper) that feeds kids into Orozco (non-gifted) in the 5th grade and it seems like that brings their test scores down.

Thanks for the info, Eric.

Sure! I tried doing some searching to see if they have a Facebook page or something, but came up short.

I did find this response to your post in the CPSO blog discussion area :-)

http://cpsobsessed.com/2014/03/26/so...eher/#comments

181. Maureen Kelleher | April 1, 2014 at 10:23 am
    @172 Re: Orozco vs Sheridan. I would take a good look at Orozco. They got a new principal recently and I would want to know how that is going. Orozco has a lovely building and I’ve met some great K teachers there, but it’s stats for later on, like entrance to SEHS, are not outstanding. Sheridan has a much better track record. Orozco has more Spanish than Sheridan, which I believe has none, but the focus is on transitioning children into English. At 6th grade neighborhood students come to Orozco for middle school. They have had some longstanding partnerships for after school programs at the middle school level. Hope you are able to see them both up close and determine for yourself which is the right fit for your child and family.

Faisal Mushtaq Expert Author Profile Articles

Stitch with a machine or by hand along the edge of the bric a brac you've chosen and close up the side at both ends. Add the trim to the collar to match. You can also add the same trim to any pockets or to a hemline if your shirt doesn't get tucked in. <p>Now a days trendy glasses which were seen in 1960s are back into style. A kind of retro trend is back consisting of thick plastic frames. Celebrities are wearing these glasses not only in reel but also in their real life. <p>A temporary tattoo can last for anywhere from a couple of days to several months and may be an alternative for you who are not certain that a permanent tattoo is the right thing for you. Wanting a tattoo might just be a fashion stage you are going thru and with a permanent tattoo you will be in trouble when this stage in your life passes. Before doing anything impulsive make sure what kind of tattoo you would want, a permanent tattoo or a temporary one.</p>. Coach Baby Bag Coral
    Gucci Authentic Vintage Web Shoulder
    Coach Handbags Outlet Minnesota
    Gucci Outlet New York Reviews
    Coach Duffel Bag Herschel
    Whether they are top branded perfumes or not, they must be suitable for you or in other words they must compliment your body odor. The best method to adhere is to try the sample products and test them before taking decisions. The best perfumes for men are the one that suit them and enhance their personality from all aspects.</p>. <p>4. Let someone else deal with these things. Whenever possible, have someone else in your business be a filter for stuff like this. What if Filoni, Weisman and Kinberg make him a Imperial Spy working with the Rebels a double agent, if you will. It would be interesting to see his relationship with Darth Vader at the very beginning. It would also be an incredible plot device to have a true Rebel among those rebelling that felt as if the Republic or Empire was worth fighting for. Louis Vuitton Green Epi Leather
    Gucci Bag Gray
    Longchamp Luggage Le Pliage
    Gucci Sneakers Outlet
    Longchamp Boxford Garment Bag Review
    <p>You an incredibly generous person and I just replying here to say we would love to have you in /r/dogeillionaires. We have a very similar attitude about wealth redistribution as you do: we raised over 300K for the science of Unidan, we done two > 100K giveaways, we to around 150K sponsored /u/animeturtles design contest that was frontpaged and stickied on /r/dogecoin, we deployed the tipping mascot /u/rDogeillionaires which we funded to something around 200K and with which we tipping people around 1K a pop in ways to the benefit of the community, and we managed to get over 80K to doge4water that wouldn have otherwise reached them. You absolutely fit right in with us, and I appreciate it immensely if you consider dropping by if ever you plan to do something like this again. For lots of parties and big dinners full of tempting food, especially for obese people have you ever been worried about carrying too many extra pounds accumulated on the body? If so, how to lose weight before Christmas 2012? With some forethought, however, I suppose that you are able to lose weight be . People can also do the settlement with comfort without being involved in any difficulty at all. These loans can lift your life with ease and you dont need to waste your time as you can qualify for this deal with no delay at all. Those who have blurred vision, whether short sightedness or long sightedness, do not have to compromise on their stylish appeal at all. With visual clarity, you can also get a pair of glasses with strength. So, ultimately, all the youngsters and even late age people can take . Furla Outlet Online Walmart
    Fendi Zucchino Handbag Prada
    Mulberry Bags Sale Outlet Shop
    Furla Frida Handbag Sewing
    Hermes Constance Alligator Wallet

Perfect Way To Keep Carpet Repair Last Long For Burn Marks

<p>Self improvement is a way in which a person makes an effort in improving his performance in various activities. Self improvement helps the person in harnessing his powers positively to achieve results. By practicing self improvement a person is able to do his tasks on time and also do them successfully. <p>Generally in a retail store, while browsing through the collection of prescription glasses, you come across certain designs and pairs which catch your attention. But you refrain yourself from buying them, because of their high prices. Almost every buyer can recount an incident where they moved away from a pair they wanted to get their hands on.</p>. <p>Finally my best tip for how to write for a blog is to write as much as you can. Write one or two blog posts everyday and stay with your routine. Don't worry that every blog post may not be perfect. Louis Vuitton Speedy Leopard
    Gucci Diaper Bag Set
    Louis Vuitton Gm Neverfull
    Michael Kors Store Manager Salary
    Louis Vuitton Riviera Galliera Bag
    <p>Whoever is recommending you penny stocks, never take any financial advice from them again. Don't even bother with stock picking. Sometimes the conventional advice is right for a reason. <p>My personal solution has been to wear mostly men's clothes, and if it's an event friends are throwing go for the slightly punk side of androgynous shirt, tie, black trousers, converse, blazer with buttons. If it's a really relaxed version of a formal event I like hideous dresses, fishnets, and combat boots. If I were braver, I'd go for high end cosplay. <p>As we are taking the jewelry in account so, how we can overlook that the market is loaded with different colorful beads. Usually they are called the pony beads. Now what are pony beads? They are hollow beads made up of metal, plastic or any other material to doll up the beauty ornaments. Vestiti Gucci Outlet Online
    Gucci Handbag Dubai
    Comprar Zapatos Gucci Online
    Chloe Online Tv
    Gucci Authentic Handbags China
    <p>Whatever reason or purpose you have for going in the water there is swimwear that will suit your needs. Regardless of your size, your age or your activity there will be a swimsuit that provides the comfort and coverage you need. If you are planning to be out in the sun always remember to apply proper sunscreen, SPF 30 is a good idea, you also don't want to forget your sun hats, sunglasses and beach towels.</p>. Ranging from long light bars to the compact strobe lights there are numerous variations in each to suit the specifications of people. The visor strobe light is one of the relatively smaller emergency lights for emergency vehicles and is beneficial in more ways than one. Though there are various types of strobes in the market, the ones made using the LED technology are the most sought after. <p>This to some extent is true and more so when one has to compare remortgages. When comparing remortgages, acre has to exercise because a slight misunderstanding can be costly and financially damaging. Everyone is out to make money and the faster they make it the better even if in the most unethical of ways and this is why you need to be careful.</p>. Mulberry Yard Sale Yucaipa
    Fendi Spy Bag Red
    Furla Tote Bags
    Hermes Nyc Store Fixture
    Hermes Belt Bags Outlet

The Best Boyfriend Gift Guide

<p>If you aren't using online marketing, you must really start it as soon as it can be. The Internet marketing around the world the years has grown to be really complex, and that's why you'll run into many different opportunities, but selecting the most appropriate one is critical for business energy. You have to decide what sort of online marketing plan you need to use prior to getting started. <p>Some people have difficulty managing their finances and decide to add finance savvy family members or friends as co owners on their accounts. A joint bank account can have multiple owners, and some elderly people add children to their accounts so that when they die, the accounts proceeds can pass to their children without going through probate. However, by adding someone as a co owner you provide that person with legal access and an ownership claim to the money in your account. He hasn't mixed up two people with the same name or confused addresses. He has perfected a system of success that he's been using for years. That has to be some record!</p>. Gucci Handbags Sale Us
    Louis Vuitton Bag Repair Manila
    Gucci Duffel Bag Hardware
    Gucci Purse Spray
    Coach Store Locations New Jersey
    <p>Agricultural sector is the backbone of Nepalese economy. However, the growth of agriculture in Nepal face loads of obstacles. Due to various causes, per acre yield is very low in Nepal as compare to other developed nations. <p>Even though Plastique was a little uninteresting you have to love how much the series is immersing itself into the DC Universe. It seems that each week we are getting at least two new characters. Even if some of them might be one shots it still adds a lot of depth to the show. They were white with black, patent leather sides and white shoelaces. More rebellious girls defied the gender norms of the day and wore blue jeans like the boys. Girls often wore their hair in ponytails or with waves. Dior Jewelry Store
    Gucci Outlet New Jersey Nj
    Gucci Queenstown Outlet Fabric Stores
    Louis Vuitton For Cheap Online
    Gucci At Queenstown Outlets
    <p>I'm a late adaptor. After much happy gaming in Windows XP (via Boot Camp on my Mac), I am finally getting around to Vista only games like Assassin's Creed III. So it's time to take the plunge and buy a copy of Vista on eBay. <p>Everyone invests time to study a subject in order to earn a degree, however, sometimes what they study has little relevancy to their vocation. They say, do what you love and love what you do, if you have an inclination towards improving appearance with the help of cosmetics, perhaps a Sk . They conjointly repair some physical injuries. <p>In New York people understand that you have to have fire in your belly if you are going to live here you have to be ambitious to live here. You cannot just come to NY thinking I am going to get a job and an apartment and I am going to live here and that's that. It doesn't work that way. Outlet Furla Vicolungo
    Furla Zama Bag Definition
    Fendi Clutch Bag Made
    Furla Rubber Handbags Korea
    Hermes Online Yahoo

show I don't like is stupid

<p>Regal that's the word that can be readily and unmistakably associated with Leos, especially to the men belonging to this zodiac sign. They are owners of stately, broad shoulders and a straight postures that are clear indications of their pomp and pride. Leo men are majestic people who live life emperor size. Mostly, these roofs are made of wood but can have an array of shapes as offered by experts. Nowadays, there are different materials and depending on the kind of roof you have, materials are chosen to build on the roofing system. If you are battling with a roof that needs immediate repair or underlayment or sheathing or any other form of rectification and maintenance, check for reputed roof construction Cornwall units in the UK. If there are too many lights in the room, you should choose bright colored flowers to decorate the rooms. Choosing white flowers will not bring in huge changes to the overall beauty of the interiors during special occasions, especially if the room is light up well. You will be able to select the flowers suitable for the living rooms when you check out the decorative flowers segment on the websites of popular florists online. Gucci Authentic Handbags Joy
    Coach Bag Repair In Phoenix
    Louis Vuitton Crossbody Bag
    Gucci Queenstown Outlet Map
    Coach Zip Wallet Alternative
    <p>In the modern era, there is an umpteen number of property which you can find to be worthy in the market. Picking the best property to invest can be a quite challenging task. In order to be well aware of the type of property you need to invest in, it is significant that you possess a good property strategy as well as action in place. <p>This is a difficult question to answer, because I personally beleive it depends on your ear for tone and the quality of your gear. If you have spent a lot of time really listening to your amp/guitar and can "hear" the subtle differences of tweaking controls, I highly recommend getting pretty good cables. (please do not think I am trying to sound pompous, having a good ear for tone takes time, and if you cannot notice a difference, spending more money wont change your tonal satisfation)</p>. The bait by the media will always be given with smiling faces approaching the military and wanting to be the first to report an incident and in the bargain getting access to an event. It may also be that the military, at times may feel that some other security agency may take the credit for the task accomplished and therefore prematurely reveal some details to pre empt the other stake holders, which at times may result in tendering apologies at a later stage. Such out of turn exposures to the media must be guarded against and that comes with fore thought and practice Hence, it is important that media education is imparted to the military as a professional subject. Longchamp Gatsby Handbag Pattern
    Dior Handbag Cheap
    Gucci Custom Jewelry
    Longchamp Bags Neiman Marcus
    Longchamp Miami Cruise
    <p>So, what are the disadvantages? Is neutering, as people sometimes say, 'cruel'? What changes in the neutered Thinking Cat? Neutering is certainly not cruel. The operations are carried out under full anaesthesia, are very safe, and are most unlikely to involve complications or be followed by medical after effects. As the whole purpose of neutering, as far as the cat itself is concerned, is to lessen stress, harassment and the incidence of illness and injury, it is more than justified. <p>There are two basic types of fonts; serif or sans serif. Serif by definition has a fine line finishing off the main strokes of a letter, or letters may end with a rounded tip. And sans is a French term meaning without, so in the case of sans serif it would be without those fine lines. <p>When you hungry and in a rush, a bagel, protein bar or handful of cereal might be convenient, but it's a short term fix. From pasta and microwave meals, to chips and juice, find out which foods are the worst for appetite control.If you think that the healthy alternative for a milkshake or soda is a smoothie, you need to carefully consider the ingredients in that cup. Chain store smoothies can be detrimental for appetite control because they are often full of sugar from frozen yogurt, juice and multiple servings of fruit. Furla Italy Handbag Ebay
    Mulberry Home Wholesale Blue Ball
    Hermes Uk Online Zoo
    Coach Wallets Pink Mulberry
    Mulberry Alexa Handbag Clip

SONIC BOOM GENERAL TV Show and Both Games

They will do this because there is money attached. They'll generously offer to split the profits 50/50, not realising that ideas are a dime a dozen. (And a large subset of these ideas are people saying 'Man, you should write my life story. <p>When the page or blog post will be optimized it is important to find the long tail keywords, which are the so called top paying keywords. These are related to the page theme and will costs more to the advertiser, than the usual keywords. By doing the selection process carefully you can pick keywords, which can bring even $ 7 per every click versus $ 0,10. <p>Thirdly, you cannot usually leave your home, your sailboat, in your slip if you live at a yacht club. You must put your boat somewhere, not in the water, to insure its safety. It is called "on the hard". Louis Vuitton Official Website Sale
    Louis Vuitton Leather Vs Canvas
    Louis Vuitton Evidence White Replica
    Coach Replica Bags Usa
    Louis Vuitton Agenda Epi
    The EAT rejected the appeal and upheld the original Tribunal's finding that both Emilio Botin Santander Abbey and Mr Hopkins had discriminated against Mr Chagger. Santander Abbey and Mr Hopkins had also appealed against the million compensation awarded. The EAT accepted this appeal and ruled the compensation to be sent back to the original Employment Tribunal for reconsideration.</p>. There are some great designs which you can take a look at. Smart and sleek they might just be the ty . And among different kind of earrings, diamond stud earrings are one of the top trendiest piece of jewelry. <p>Nails I am very clumsy so reluctant to paint fingernails too often, or buy expensive polish. My toenails look like a toddler has fingerpainted them as though the polish has been dropped from a great height. How do people do this properly? And with fingers, is there a topcoat that anyone would recommend to keep polish good (a bit like UDPP keeps even cheaper eyeshadow where it's meant to go)? Any recommendations on drugstore brands? I have the feeling that cheaper means more chips, but the more premium ranges do fairly dull colours.</p>. Louis Vuitton Sale Ala Moana
    Louis Vuitton Luggage Replica Ebay
    Louis Vuitton Speedy Insert
    Gucci Shoes Wholesale China
    Replica Gucci Louis Vuitton
    <p>Lavender oil is perhaps one of the most deliciously scented things around and add to that it's a truly excellent solution to acne scars. Many people have seen great successes with lavender oil and acne scars so if you're keen to heal your acne scars naturally then trying lavender oil is going to be something that you'll be wanting to try. Let's take a look at some benefits of using lavender oil on your acne scars.</p>. <p>JavaScripts are still good possibilities to consider. JavaScript also gives you a set of options to create some cool effects without needing to overload the page with Flash. Using limited tools like JavaScript compared to an advanced application like Flash to create the desired effects can be difficult. <p>In January of 2010, the Perth Mint introduced the kangaroo gold bar. These bars are minted from 99.99% gold and available in weights from five grams to ten ounces. The majestic swan, which is the logo for the Perth Mint, adorns the front of the bar. Furla Tote Handbags Tory
    Fendi Messenger Bag American
    Mulberry Purse Fenwicks
    Furla Bag Us
    Furla Tote Handbags Gladrags