Thread: Daughter's Reading Score is Oddly Low - 69, applying for 4th grade

Daughter's Reading Score is Oddly Low - 69, applying for 4th grade

My daughter's scores bounce around a little, 99-98, but 69?

She came out of the test convinced she scored everything perfectly correct, and she does enough testing, we do the test every year along with the standardized tests at school, she seems pretty accurate in her assessment of how well she did, and scores consistently in the high 90's.

Her scores this year,
    Mathematics: 98 -- she normally scores 99, but I'll buy it, maybe she misunderstood a question or two or made a clerical mistake, it happens
    Reading: 69 -- has often scored 99 on standardized tests for reading, I don't think she had a bad testing day at all, she was very alert coming into and out of the test and very confident after taking it, she was absolutely sure she got every question correct. She says she didn't guess on any of them. So maybe she got tripped up on the question number and the bubbles or something? I guess that happens too. :-/

Just curious if other people had any similar experience with the test this year for their child.

Eric
    Last edited by Eric Fall Dad; 03-24-2014 at 09:26 PM.

I saw someone else today who's child got a very high score last year and a 3 (yes, 3) this year, I *think* on reading. I guess it's easier to contact CPS about a 3, whereas with a 69 they may not bother investigating. It DOES make me wonder if there was some kind of mess up, given that some kids were called back this year after their test because (it sounds like) some portion of the test was left out.
    I don't know the extent to which they'll investigate the score for you and make sure the entire test was admnistered.

reading score 69 for 4th grade

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Fall Dad View Post
    My daughter's scores bounce around a little, 99-98, but 69?

She came out of the test convinced she scored everything perfectly correct, and she does enough testing, we do the test every year along with the standardized tests at school, she seems pretty accurate in her assessment of how well she did, and scores consistently in the high 90's.

Her scores this year,
    Mathematics: 98 -- she normally scores 99, but I'll buy it, maybe she misunderstood a question or two or made a clerical mistake, it happens
    Reading: 69 -- has often scored 99 on standardized tests for reading, I don't think she had a bad testing day at all, she was very alert coming into and out of the test and very confident after taking it, she was absolutely sure she got every question correct. She says she didn't guess on any of them. So maybe she got tripped up on the question number and the bubbles or something? I guess that happens too. :-/

Just curious if other people had any similar experience with the test this year for their child.

Eric
    Eric,
    My daughter's reading score is 69 as well this year. Her math score is 99. She always scores pretty high in both reading and math. I am puzzled by this low number. She was so confident that she did everything correctly. Do you think we have a chance to have our scores investigated? I saw another post today and somebody's child received 69 in reading for 4th grade as well.

I'd be curious to see what they say if you ask to investigate. If anyone does, please let us know!

My wife is thinking there were some sample test questions that should not have been counted, and the test proctor said "here are these sample questions, but as long as you understand them, don't bother filling them in" (which my daughter says she did not), but these questions were actually counted and scored in the results.

Also, maybe there were not really that many kids testing for 4th grade, and the ones that did are all smart and thought they should have a chance, so a 69th percentile is not really a percentile against the whole population, just against other very smart kids, many of whom may have scored 100%, so if you miss a question or two, that immediately drops you down *a lot*, percentile-wise.

If I had to guess, I'm thinking our situation (my daughter's result) is one of the above or maybe a combination.
    Last edited by Eric Fall Dad; 03-27-2014 at 10:27 AM.

Reading score review

So I requested cps to review 69 percentile. They told they do not have a test and needed to request it. It might take a week. It was on Tuesday. Yesterday( Friday) at 8-25 pm a cps psychologist called me and said that the results of the test were correct and my daughter incorrectly answered many questions about meaning words. My daughter said that the test did not even have those kind of questions. The questions were about the text. I was so surprised by this call at 8-25 pm on Friday that did not even say anything back. I wonder if I could request evaluation of this test by somebody else, who does not work for cps.

My daughter says they ask the kids to skip to a particular page in the book and then start taking the test.

I obviously don't know the testing procedure and where exactly things can go wrong, but you'd hope they have some checks to make sure all the kids with a particular proctor, or a particular test day, etc. scored strangely low..

Maybe there was some procedural error where they were told to turn to the wrong page, or the stack of tests was graded according to the wrong key code?

If you take the results and then "group" the scores in various ways (by day, by proctor, by specific test class, etc.) and then look at the ranges -- min/max/avg/median -- this should show if there were any procedural errors. I'm a data person, I think this would be a fun exercise. :-)

Hopefully they do this, but I understand with the budget cuts, etc. maybe they don't have the quality control, but even if they did find a mistake what can they do about it at this point?

Probably the easiest check would be to see if there was at least 1 other person in the same classroom as my daughter, taking the same test, following the same instructions, who scored in the 90's.

Eric

ological Discoveries in Northern Syria

<p>When things do fog up, simple solution: pull your goggles away from your face a few inches and let the cool air in. Should defog you right quick. If that doesn't work, put your goggles on your forehead and ski without them for a couple minutes (assuming its not supernova bright out and you are confident/proficient enough not to fall disastrously for a couple minutes).</p>.
    ray ban sunglasses online pakistan Jobs will continue to be filled next year. At what pace and level of activity, that depends on the price of oil. Historically, they tick higher in March, just four months away.
    ray ban sunglasses 14.99 <p>ABS technology has become standard in the automotive industry, helping to prevent wheels from locking during hard brake maneuvers. This is particularly important to prevent a skid and maintain traction when you need to stop quickly. But to get the most out of ABS technology, its important to make sure every component of your brake system is functioning correctly.</p>.
    ray ban sunglasses prices in hyderabad <p>The tablet camera can take either still pictures or video BUT, and this is a big one, is only front facing which badly limits its usefulness. Thus if you want to take a picture of something other than yourself you can see what you are shooting. I don understand if you are going to make a tablet with a camera facing only one way why you would not want to have it back facing.
    ray ban sunglasses aviator Reset Selection Mark for Review What's This? Question 14 of 20 5.0 PointsWhich one of the following requires a child's coordination with speech and movement? A. Puppet play and storytelling B. Finger plays and flannel boards C.
    ray ban sunglasses outlet <p>Trend Two: full colorThe color trend is changing very fast.Trend Four:high digital watchSenior dealers previously had looked down upon the "digital watch" since they always reminded people of worthless things and discount goods.Trend Five:extra large date dialThe eye catching date dial is popular.Trend Seven: shapeIf you are not concerned about the watch, you might think that all the watches are round. Indeed,most watches are round. But in fact,there is a variety of watch shape.
    ray ban sunglasses online purchase india The only . Right now the latest fashion trend is the skinny jeans cheap that gives you a bold and beautiful look highlighting your personality in the tight fit attire. There are different waist models in these skinny jeans and the other thing why many people are finding them crazy is due to the colors like Adra red, black, stone wash, blue shades, white and so on th .</p>.
    ray ban sunglasses wayfarer yellow frame It will help you take control of your debts and solve your financial problems. After all, when cash flow or generated revenue fails to correspond to financial liabilities and pay the bills, it is in the best interest of any business . Unfortunately, it takes more than a big heart and skilled hands to make a practice profitable.
    ray ban sunglasses made china 51074597 <p>Recently, the Families and Work Institute published the National Study of the Changing Workforce the most comprehensive research ever conducted in this area. They found that, while Earnings Benefits have only a 2% impact on job Satisfaction, Job Quality and Workplace Support have a combined 70% impact. That's a 35 times greater bang for the buck! (Though, in the case of Job Quality and Workplace Support, it's an intangible, symbolic "buck".)</p>.
    cheap fake ray ban sunglasses 722 There is no specific age limit as to when this can happen. It is common with all age groups and at all levels. It is just a beginning of larger diseases so do not be worried and all will get well.
    ray ban sunglasses polarized 4057 scottdale <p>To help remedy dried up and flaky hip and legs while pregnant, try out combining a cup of white sugar with single serving of extra absorbing canola or sesame oils. Before you take a shower or shower area, generously utilize the mix in your hip and legs, and lightly therapeutic massage it in rounded motions. This removes dead skin cells, which then permits the facial skin to more effectively process moisture content.</p>.

Cheapest place to buy 3cP

<p>Everyone here has missed something important related to ARP requests. This is different than the switch not knowing where a MAC address is. All F MAC is a broadcast address, so the behavior of the switch is to send it out all ports. <p>Are you looking for the best yet affordable painting solution for your house or business? You have come at the right place. Your house interior may be the first thing in mind when you are starting to build your home. This goes the same if you own a business establishment wherein you have to impress your customers. These services have legitimate access to private data bases of numerous mobile phone operators, companies landline phone, and so on. Compiling and updating multiple databases from numerous companies in big numbers so t . These services have legitimate access to private data bases of numerous mobile phone operators, companies landline phone, and so on. Gucci Indy Bag Of Donuts
    Louis Vuitton Trunk For Sale
    Coach Outlet Gilroy Black Friday
    Michael Kors Bags Bt2
    Gucci Kids Sale Pitch
    <p>But, an unscrupulous company will tell you that your invention stands to make you a fortune (no matter what) and any costs you incur now will be trivial. The problem is that many vulnerable inventors fall for it. They hire an invention submission company, spend thousands of dollars, don't get the patent protection they need and wind up with less than nothing in the end.</p>. Look for alternate times the courses are available. Make a list of several backup courses, or even complete backup schedules, in case the ones you need are completely full. If there an open seat, you take it immediately, because hesitation can cause you to lose that seat. <p>So, if you're tired from your job or just tired with life, live an alternate life in the Sims 1! You are guaranteed hours of fun and a great stress reliever. I have only played the Sims 2 and The Sims Medieval besides the Sims 1. The Sims 2 gave me a headache, I didn't like the 3D mode much and The Sims Medieval was good except you had to keep running around doing quests instead of getting to play freely. Louis Vuitton Patent Leather Bag
    Prada Men's Wallet Gucci
    Louis Vuitton Varsity Jacket Sale
    Chloe Handbags Nordstrom White Plains
    Louis Vuitton Wristlet Purses
    These varieties of cases are rare however they are doing happen. Medical malpractice attorneys recognize how to handle such cases. They apprehend that, as the patient, or the family of the patient, you're entitled to compensation for any harm caused by failed medical care. <p>I live out in the woods about 10 miles away from the huge metropolis of Warsaw, Missouri. The roads around here are almost all curvy two lane roads with no shoulders. It can be exciting if you're riding a bicycle because the folks around here don't quite understand why anyone would want to travel in a human powered vehicle.</p>. <p>One thing that I have learnt is that even when the wall is weak and low, and beyond our personal ability to repair it, we can all choose our response to that situation. Perhaps I don't need to take on changing the world. I can be a lot more effective at working on changing myself, and my responses to others. Fendi Baguette Needlepoint Kit
    Furla Tote Bags Zappos
    Fendi Peekaboo Handbag Zipper
    Furla Frida Handbag Incorporated
    Mulberry Home Factory Outlet

Do You Include Degrees in Progress on a CV

All you need to do, it's really not that difficult, wrap it around the neck underneath the shirt collar. Put it on in there. Very simply, you are going to put it through the wire. <p>I personally wondered about Minecraft. Visually it doesn't look pleasing at all (Trust me, I'm not THAT picky with visuals. I grew up with sega and super nintendo games era). <p>Exercise and diet are both equally essential if you want to reshape your body. Specifically, resistance training exercises shape your muscles more than aerobic exercises. On the other hand, aerobic exercises enhances the rate at which you burn body fat, thus augmenting the appearance of your shapely muscles. Coach Replica Duffle Bag
    Louis Vuitton Bags Buy Uk
    Michael Kors Outlet Ontario Mills
    Louis Vuitton Purse Epi
    Michael Kors Black Leather
    <p>Letter to Barack Obama from Edward Snowden's father and his legal counsel: 'You are acutely aware that the history of liberty is a history of civil disobedience to unjust laws or practices. Then some bullshit distraction will happen. I,m sure some fuckwad celebrity will get all tbe front page of the paper, and look some crappy gadget you can live without. <p>When you are borrowing money you have to pay interest back at a set rate. These rates are determined by several factors. One of these factors is risk. <p>Creating organize word goals plus a prize system for getting together with all those objectives can significantly help for increasing your motivation. It takes a long time to develop muscle tissue so tend not to get disappointed and do not stop trying. My website . Discount Louis Vuitton Duffle Bag
    Real Gucci Belts On Sale
    Longchamp Backpack Purse On Sale
    Gucci Viaggio Replica
    Chloe Handbags Nordstrom Longchamp
    <p>I would think there is a middle ground. You don't need to be Miss Congeniality, but you could probably dial up the tact a little bit. If you have to correct a factual assertion or assessment that your boss makes, try to do it without insulting him. In the design stage were superheavy tanks of 1500 tons, with no clear military purpose other than conceivably in frontal assaults against fortifications. Hitler finally cancelled giant tank work in April 1944. [6]</p>. <p>This community is despicable, misogynist and crude. I cant beleive the upvotes everyone who is calling her a bitch, a cunt, and a slut is getting. If a girl goes out ONCE to her first time to a bar to flirt with her friends and guys she is not a "sociopath." A twenty one year old girl does not need to put on a habit and join the fucking nunnery. Fendi Replica Handbags Grade
    Furla Handbags Ebay Nike
    Mulberry Bags For Men
    Mulberry Bags Youtube
    Mulberry Alexa Bag Tutorial