Thread: No Options for Knowledge Elementary School Fair this Year

Unhappy No Options for Knowledge Elementary School Fair this Year

I just received this email from the Office of Access and Enhancement:

Thank you for your inquiry. I regret that, due to budget constraints, we will be unable to offer the Options for Knowledge fair this year. The Options guides will be available within a few weeks, and many schools will have Open House events to provide information about their programs.

If I can be of any other service, please don't hesitate to contact me.

Sincerely,
    Karen Burroughs Hannsberry
    Communications Manager
    Office of Access and Enrollment/Portfolio Office
    Equity ⌂ Collaboration ⌂ Empowerment
    (773) 553-2105

I wonder if there are any third-party "fairs" or workshops that might fill the void? At a birthday party this past weekend someone told me they took an eight week course on navigating CPS before their Kindergartener started. That sounded a bit extreme (or obsessed!) to me but must have been chock full of valuable information.

Eric

I know that NPN has their School Fair on October 13th. http://www.npnparents.org/expos/534

And we, PREP (www.prepchicago.com) offer private parent seminars to help parents navigate through both CPS and private school options.

I wonder who gave that eight-week course? PREP Chicago and (I think) Bubbles Academy are the only ones that offer that, that I know of.

Sorry I don't know, but yeah probably one of those

We have 12 week Student Prep classes which include parent session but we do not do an 8 week class just for parents on CPS. Although, we probably could put together enough information on CPS to last 8 weeks.